We’ve all heard the age old anecdote “If you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all” so here are my thoughts on Endy Chavez:
On second thought, fuck that, I have some stuff to say. This guys sucks, how is he employed in the major leagues? Let’s take a look at his career and try to find a reason why he continues to con teams into signing and then somehow playing him year in and year out. I don’t feel like spending a lot of time so let’s just look at his 162 game average over the course of his 11 MLB seasons.
- Career Batting Average of .270 – Not bad, but what kind of hits is he getting?
- Averages 20 doubles per 162 games – Joey Votto already has 14 doubles so far this season in 30 games
- Averages 4 HR per 162 games – As an outfielder. Where is the value? He must at least walk a lot
- 26 BB per year – Ok, so he doesn’t walk a lot. What else can he offer, when he gets on he must be a threat on the bases
- 17 SB for 23 attempts for a 162 game average – So he doesn’t steal bases either?
- Slugging percentage of .368 – Could only be worse by adding his OBP to get his .678 career OPS
So, in review this guy has 24 career dingers, walks as much as Samuel L Jackson in Unbreakable and is under a 75% success rate for stealing bases. What else can’t he do? I made a list:
- Insert the straw into a Capri Sun
- Program a VCR
- Operate a Universal Remote
- Keep his papers securely on a desk without the use of a paper weight
- Find Waldo
- Beat a small child at Tic-Tac-Toe
- Beat Glass Joe in Mike Tyson’s Punch Out
Too many to list really, but feel free to submit your own.